Testing & QA Engineer
JadoPado is a marketplace where people around the world come together to buy and sell great stuff!
We're looking for an innovative Testing & QA Engineer to join our engineering team, based out of Colombo. The ideal candidate is a progressive thinker who will be responsible for delivering projects across a multidisciplinary and cutting-edge stack.
Engineering at JadoPado
Our product team combines design, front-end and back-end development. While specialisation is important, we prefer cross-functional teams that can take on any area of our product, at will. Our most effective people work across design and implementation, making the best technology decisions to build incredible products.
We aim to strike a balance between skilled senior engineers together with aspiring junior engineers, eager to develop their skills. We prefer not to hire directly into people management roles for our engineering teams and choose to grow leaders from within our organisation. Career progression doesn't necessarily mean managing people as our senior engineers influence far more than just engineering decisions.
We believe that JadoPado is the right place to carry out career-defining work.
As a Testing & QA Engineer, you will:
1. Specify, design, and implement automation tests for features and product fixes using various technologies
2. Contribute to our architecture as we grow, while recognising the importance of agility, stability and availability
3. Build, support and manage projects across the organisation
4. Provide updates and performance metrics on a regular basis
5. Work with an agile, globally-distributed team and be able to harness constructive feedback
6. Be proud of what you work on, while obsessing about the quality of what you produce
7. Have regular opportunities for career growth. We're constantly growing and forming new teams while reshaping existing ones. We have a bias towards internal promotion into leadership roles
8. Ensure that everyone is blown away with their JadoPado experience
You'll experience what it is like to work in a fun, entrepreneurial and fast paced technology business.
You don't need to be intimately familiar with any of the technologies that we work with. Great people are effective at quickly learning what we use or introduce us to new ways of working.
Having said that, we think a Testing & QA Engineer should:
1. Have a BA or a BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
2. Have at least 5 years' experience in testing and quality assurance
3. Extensive experience in testing web and mobile applications as well a deep understanding of client and server relationships
4. Experience writing and communicating test documentation
5. For bonus points: have expert knowledge of automated test tools and scripting languages
6. Possess experience in a test-driven development environment and architecting large applications
7. Ideally have previous experience in a startup or an established e-commerce business
8. Be creative as well as ideas and data driven
9. Be able to take on lots of responsibility, juggle deadlines and push for outcomes
10. Have great written and verbal skills in English
11. Deliver no matter what it takes
12. Be lots of fun to work with!
A Testing & QA Engineer will receive:
1. Unlimited leave
2. Tax free pay!
3. Awesome equipment that will help you build great things
4. Incredible co-workers (yes, really!)
5. Competitive pay
6. Flexible working hours
7. A great work environment